Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A year has past, time to recap and make my first post TAKE 2 :)

Well the last time I posted was one year ago and it amazes me how much my game has changed in just one year. I finally learned that I dont just run horrible in multi's but I was just not good enough lol, it sad but true. I used to think that I dont win multi's because Im cursed, but its because I was misinformed. Well that has changed and I seeked coaching from a friend and he helped patch up some of the mishaps of my game, and it has helped immensly, Around 28K in profit in the last 2 months or so weeeeee... Anyway its time to recap points of my game and my life in general so Im going to to do it by categories.

Who are you?
First off some info about me, Im going to act like this is the first post, because i do feel like it needed a fresh start. My name is Josh Hillock, I am currently a senior at the University of Central Florida and Im graduating next Fall. I am a business major with a marketing minor and want to own my own business eventually. Okay theres my school background lol, now for whats relevant with this blog, the poker background!!! I have been playing poker since I was 14 years old, a freshman in high school, but have been playing seriously for the last 4 years. I worked through high school but have not worked in college thanks to poker and my parents :), which has let me have enough money to have some extra spending money while my parents help with my rent, food, etc.. Its been about 2 1/2 years though that I have been taken poker alot more seriously and studying the game as well. Poker for me is as I put it a "gatekey" when I say gatekey I mean it will unlock doors for me that can help lead me to new things. A dream for me would be to open my own busines with poker winnings and of course there is the standard WSOP goals, travel the world to diff. tounrys and travel the world in general. Okay thats enough background for now.

Who am I as a poker player?
Well I have been getting staked for the last 2 1/2 years by a good friend and people I met through various staking sites and I have developed a good staking relationship with many people who have been with me from the start, and it has been great and has let me grow poker wise. Also I have met many amazing people who have helped bring my game to the next level. Being around better players than you and having those same people be good friends who are willing to teach you is so huge for your game and your life in general. My poker goals are very big, I plan to be the best of the best one day and I am motivated enough to get there I think. I am not normal..plain and simple.. What poker players are lol. So a normal job ughhh not gonna happen lol. Will I be a professional poker player..maybe, but I dont plan on doing it my whole life, I plan on pursuing my own business ventures which as I said is my life goal, getting off task lol okay back to poker... I have been grinding SNG's (6 max turbo and HU/4 ways fwiw) since I started online, and I would play multi's alot but never any success. So than I finally starting taking poker seriously and started winning. I studied bankroll management(not that I follow it at all lol) but I started learning about everything and now were in the present where I feel Im finally on the track to start acheiving my poker goals and get to where I want to be

So enough blabbling about your past and goals what are you doing now?
I am now focusing my attention on Multis. I have had a great last 2-3 months, and I am finally getting my confidence back and I feel that this year is going to be beyond huge for me. I play around 5 days a week, sometimes 6.. During the week I usually play multis from 9pm on and on Sat. all day and Sunday all day, but I usually take Sat. off. Im hoping that I continue to be successful in MTT's.

So what can we expect from this blog?
In the past I have not kept up with this thing, which makes no sense, because I loveeeeeee to write and writing all my emotions down helps me tilt less, so not having a blog for me is just plain dumb. I will be posting as much as I can, and will be infoming you on how my day went, and anything in my life that I may think is interesting, including live games, trips to Vegas, etc.. Also I will post any advice that has got me through tough times, as well as strategy and other stuff. I will even write articles from time to time on certain things. Again I love to write so I hope everyone enjoys.

Well I think thats good for now, for my 2nd first post lol, I will be posting soon to say how tonights action went or I may post in 5 min if I think of soemthing new... I plan to be very very active with this thing, so if anyone wants to know anything about me or see anything in praticular let me know...

So lets kick ass this year, good luck to everyone!!!

-Josh

No comments: